It's an interesting quandry, when you do work for a client that is so good that they want to bring you on full-time. Then, because of your hesitation, due to the fact that you're really enjoying consulting, they tell you that if you don't come on full-time, they'll have to find someone else, and cut your contract short. It wouldn't be bad if you were only working a few hours per week with them, but when you are putting in 30+ hrs per week, and you really enjoy the technology, it makes the decision tough. Which brings us to today.
I accepted the position, under a few conditions. First, that I could work hours that would give me some flexibility to continue consulting. Second, that I could take the occasional call from clients, during business hours. And lastly, that it is no secret that my consulting will continue. They've accepted the terms, so we will now see how the consulting and the full-time employee worlds merge.
I will continue sharing my consulting resources. I've been focusing on tax laws lately, in order to maximize my deductions, and make sure I'm submitting in a timely manner. www.sba.gov and www.irs.gov have proven to be helpful in this task. I uses Quickbooks as well, so their site and help functions have been great.
That's it for now.
Cheers,
Randy- Triadic Vox
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment